Hi Stefan

You should have a look also for the compilation code / "floating point model" option in VS2008, which can be set to "precise" or "fast"

Ivan COHEN
R&D PhD engineer

Le 25/02/2015 10:51, Stefan Sullivan a écrit :
Hey music-dsp folks,

I know that it is not exactly everybody's favorite compiler, in part
because of questions like the one I have right now. But suffice it to
say, there are situations in which I'm required to use Visual Studio.
A couple of months ago I was working on a project in which I attempted
to upgraded from Visual Studio 2008 to Visual Studio 2012. During the
upgrade, I noticed that comparing the audio output of the old version
to the new version would produce small errors. At the time I didn't
worry too much about it because I could continue to use the new GUI
(which really is worlds better) with the 2008 toolchain. Now I'm
working on another project and a colleague of mine is trying to
upgrade from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2013 and he's having
similar problems: the output is not bit-exact.

Has anybody else experienced this problem with the newer MSVC
compilers? Has anybody found a solution?

I'm guessing it has to do with either different optimization settings,
or different versions of math libraries or something like that. Any
help would be very much appreciated

Thanks,
Stefan