Not really, that will only work to find the frequency if the signal is a
pure sine wave, maybe with some very quiet noise. If you know roughly the
frequency where the sine wave is, it might still work if you put the signal
through a very narrow bandpass filter first. Or it might not if the sine is
too quiet compared to the rest of the audio.

-Ethan