A short (~50ms) cross-fade should be fine.

I may be reading too much into your question, but if
t is continually changing (user is adjusting a delay tap, for example),
a nice trick I’ve done is to cache the new t value until the crossfade finishes,
Then start a new crossfade, etc..  this prevents clicking and pitch changing
artifacts
-m