On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Brian Schweitzer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mozart as example of extreme case aside, I don't see myself (or
>  anyone, normally) adding every single possible page.  But I do think
>  the real question isn't "which language(s)", or "should we have all
>  these languages", but "is this data correct"?
>
>  Is the url linking artist foo to a Wikipedia entry for artist foo?  If
>  yes, it's a valid URL AR.  It shouldn't matter if we already have a
>  link to a different language at Wikipedia, or how many Wikipedia links
>  we have for artist foo, so long as each is independently correct and
>  unique.

I prefer to distinguish 'it exists' and 'it exists and is useful'.

Stubs are no real use to anyone, no matter what the language.  Direct
translations of the English page, that are linked from the English page
aren't that useful to link directly to from here, if linking to all of
them makes
it difficult to find the one you want anyway.  If a particular language is for
some reason particularly useful then add that, it's hardly the end of the
world if some artists get three links and some one, if that one is to the only
really useful article.

We likewise don't link to every fan page in existence, or every copy of a
discography, and we don't automatically add links to every online store a CD
is available at, even though multiple of each of these exist.  We pick and
choose 'the good ones'.

Anyway, I'm really really not interested in more arguing.

--
Lauri Watts