On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:21:45PM -0400, Aaron Cooper wrote:
> Some things I thought could use some discussion:
>
> 1. How will we link 8-disc sets?  Link discs 2-8 to disc 1?  That
> might work... if you visit the first disc, it pulls the other discs
> from the AR and if you visit one of the other discs it pulls from disc
> 1 and all disc 1's related discs.

I'm quite OK with linking all of them to the first disc.

I could also imagine a linked list, link each disc to the previous in
the box if they're numbered. The benefit of this is that you know the
sequence without parsing (disc 1, disc 2) from the title.  Downside is
that there is no single place you can query and know how many discs
there are, etc..

> 2. Is it appropriate to link bonus discs with a release even though
> not all releases of a release came with the bonus disc?  I guess it
> wouldn't hurt and would be interesting if you could see the different
> bonus discs that came with a release.

This might encourage duplicates if certain people (people like me >_<)
want the AR to be accurate, and split up a release into a version with
and one without the bonus disc.  This should probably be specifically
allowed or disallowed in the guidelines accompanying the AR.

I don't think there is a way to link an AR to a specific release event,
but this isn't the first AR to rub against that issue (think re-releases
or remasters with different credits).

> I'd definitely like to see something like this and I think it is a
> step in the right direction (grouping multiple-disc releases).

Great, I feared I'd be the only one thinking this was a good idea :)

-- kuno / warp.