WE NEED TO REFORM OUR WHITE & COLORED EDUCATION SYSTEM FROM THE START

  Every one should be against Racial Slurs and must condemn them. Individuals
making Racial Slurs must be punished they should not be let go like Edison
Police Union who got away after saying, “Indians are cockroaches, animals,
illiterates and illegal go home from the Compound of Edison Municipal Building
with the blessings of Mayor Jun Choi and approved by Senator Barbara Buono,
Assemblymen Upendra Chivukula & Peter Barnes.

  But we must do some serious thinking on the issue why we have Functional
illiterates raised by Prof Dowling in our Universities? What are the things we
are doing wrong at kindergarten, Elementary and High School Level that our
students are getting behind even the students of 3rd world countries who are
not spending even 10% of what we are spending on our Students. Why there are
more administrators and politicians than the Students & Teachers in our Schools
& Universities?

  In New Jersey we have 651 School Board Superintendents besides 21 County
Superintendents in 651 School Districts with 2,419 Schools in 566 Towns for 1.4
Million Students out of which 250,000 can not comprehend in basic education.
Despite the fact to Educate a student in New Jersey average cost is $19,000.00
and in failing District it is $28,000.00 which is the highest in the world. ,
We should be ashamed of it. Then the number of school drop outs is over 30% and
we do not want to acknowledge this problem at all. We do not have any alternate
High School programs like vocational training especially designed for these
drop outs.

  State of Delhi & capital of India for 3,035 state run schools with over 2.2
million students have only 1 Education Director. Some of the best doctors,
scientist, engineers, architects, artists, computer professionals,
educationists and businessmen in New Jersey are from Delhi State School System.
In New York City for 1.8 million students they have 1 School Superintendent and
the entire state of Texas has 7 Superintendents.

  When each school has a Principal, Vice Principal and Superintendent. Why we
need 672 School Board Superintendents and over 5,000 corrupt & racist School
Board Members elected with little over 10% voter turn out? Each School Board
Superintendent Office is costing over a million dollars to maintain in direct
cost besides the millions in retirement cost and millions they steal from the
helpless rich & poor students every year.

  In one School district of Bergen County there are 28 Secretaries which is tip
of the ice berg representing massive corruption, racism and politicization of
our School System. Same is true for the state Universities also with
outrageously over paid too many managerial staff members and heads. Then we
have White Springfield with class size 20-22 and a Lap Top with Broad band
connection for every student 6th grade onward to carry home and colored
Irvington with class size 36-38 where Play Grounds have been converted into a
Parking Lot and students sit on window sills of their class rooms.

  Then we have a morally & ethically bankrupt Governor  & Politicians who have
been cutting Million of dollars in Education Funding. Given the importance of
education to every one, these cuts are unthinkable. This is one giant step
backward for the NJ students. NJ’s future is in its class rooms, but that
future is being mortgaged off to maintain the lavish life style of few
Political Appointees in the name of School Board Superintendents & Board
members, who are not needed in the first place and have nothing to do with
student education.

  Every where in the civilized world a School is known by its Principal,
teachers and physical & art education teachers not by its School Superintendent
or Board Members or Attorney or Secretaries. This Circus is Legalized
corruption and found only in New Jersey. All School Boards with well educated
Scoundrels some with business & management back ground are stealing from their
own communities. These people who have nothing to do with education without
application of mind have started calling early childhood education, physical
education, music, art and craft non mandated programs and have started ZERO
periods in Schools even in White Springfield, where students are told to do
nothing. There are so many studies to prove that these are essential programs
for quality education and over all development of a child as a future leader.

  We must modernize our School System for one type of Education for all
students belonging to every ethnic group and color. The first order of business
should be to prioritize what is important and eliminate what is no longer
affordable or needed or institutionalizing corruption & racism. There is no
need for the 651 office of School Superintendent & over 5,000 Board Members.
They must be eliminated to get rid of institutionalized corruption and racism
from our education system.

  There must be accountability for Principals  & Teachers of each school for
the performance of their students so that we do not have Functional Illiterates
in our Universities. Residents of New Jersey deserve assurances that it can
rely on the integrity, morality, honesty and secularism of its appointed and
elected officials and there are ethical & economic reasons to put them in those
public offices for a secured future of our generations to come. We must stop
stealing from our own children in the name of White & Colored Education.

  Dave Makkar

  www.citizensfordemocracynj.org

  Posted on Home News Tribune in response to "Racist" quote roils Rutgers

  "Racist" quote roils Rutgers
  Home News Tribune Online 09/27/07
  By KEITH SARGEANT STAFF WRITER
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  RUTGERS — A day after professor William C. Dowling criticized the
intelligence of the school's student-athletes, including "minorities," Rutgers
President Richard L. McCormick denounced Dowling's comment for its "racial
implication."

  Dowling, a tenured professor of English who has long been against high-stakes
athletics at Rutgers and particularly critical of coach Greg Schiano's football
program, reportedly questioned the types of student-athletes Rutgers recruits.

  "If you were giving the scholarship to an intellectually brilliant kid who
happens to play a sport, that's fine," Dowling told the New York Times in
Wednesday's newspaper. "But they give it to a functional illiterate who can't
read a cereal box, and then make him spend 50 hours a week on physical skills.
That's not opportunity.

  "If you want to give financial help to minorities, go find the ones who are
at the library after school."

  While Rutgers Athletics Director Bob Mulcahy called Dowling's quote, "a
blatantly racist statement," McCormick issued a statement Wednesday that both
condemned Dowling and praised the athletics program.

  "Professor Dowling's characterization of our student-athletes is inaccurate
and inhumane," McCormick said. "It also has a racist implication that has no
place whatsoever in our civil discourse. Rutgers' student-athletes are men and
women who succeed in balancing the demands of academic progress and athletic
success. They may not have professor Dowling's respect and support, but they
have mine."

  An attempt to reach Dowling at his university office Wednesday was
unsuccessful.
  But Richard Seclow, a former spokesperson for Rutgers 1000, the now-defunct
advocacy group formerly led by Dowling that called for the university to step
down from big-time athletics, said his longtime colleague is not a racist.

  "I've known professor Dowling for a long time and in all of the discussion
I've had with him, I've never found him to be racist," Seclow, a Rutgers
alumnus, said from his Connecticut home Wednesday night. "I can tell you the
quote smelled of it, but the man I know is not capable of it."

  Schiano declined to comment specifically to Dowling's comments but offered a
rebuttal for his team's academic standing following Wednesday's practice.
  "Since I got here six years ago, I haven't responded to any of (Dowling's
comments)," Schiano said. "I'm not going to start now."

  In the latest Academic Performance Rating released by the NCAA last June, the
Rutgers football program ranked seventh among 119 Division I-A schools and
first among state universities overall.

  The football team's grade-point average is 2.7, according to Rutgers
Assistant Athletics Director Jason Baum. Asked if he believes his team's
academic standing is reflective of the university as a whole, Schiano said,
"Very much so." "The performance of our football team academically is right in
there with Rutgers' student body, which is one of the highest achieving
student-body populations in the country," Schiano added. "We take a great deal
of pride in our academic achievement."

  Keith Sargeant:

Building a website is a piece of cake.