Scott McDermott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't understand what %d is for then.  It's specified as being the
> date and time, as specified by $date_format, itself a string parsed by
> strftime().  It this can be accomplished as easily using the
> bracketized methods, then why does %d exist?

If I remember rightly, it's a matter of history.  "%d" was implemented
first, then the "%{...}" stuff was added later, to give people more
control over the formatting.

If you feel that having "%d" in Mutt is bloating the program in a bad
way, I suppose it could be removed..  :)

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not