On Sunday, 07 February 1999, at 07:08:58 (+0000),
Scott McDermott wrote:

> > >From the strftime(3) man page:
> >
> >            %b        Locale's abbreviated month name.
> >            %d        Day of the month as a decimal number [01,31].
> >
> > Now it should all start to come clear.  :)
>
> I don't understand what %d is for then.  It's specified as being the
> date and time

No, you didn't read the information David provided.  Read the above
quoted section again.  Note the %d on the left and the explanation of
its meaning on the right.

Michael

--
 "I don't think 'huge machine' is the right phrase to describe a
  cluster of 486/SX's.  Maybe 'cluster-f***ed'..."    -- Jacob Wilkins