On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 09:34:03PM +0200, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:
> On 10/Sep/1999, Chris Green wrote:
>
> > What I need is to be able to view my POP3 'folder' and delete
> > individual messages.  Most of the newer Unix/Linux MUAs do in fact
> > work this way with POP3 folders, it makes them look just like ordinary
> > local folders to the user.  Using fetchmail with mutt can't do this at
> > all.
>
>       If that's your only need, it's easy to do a little perl program to let
> you see the Subject, From or any other header from the messages in your ISP's
> server and dump to a file (or even mail) the rest of the messages. It wouldn't
> be very fast, and maybe you couldn't do it at all (you need libnet available),
> but it's possible. I began a similar thing to download news, and having a little
> Perl experience it's not very difficult. You could even use dialog to make it
> fancier.

Well, yes, I'm sure all sorts of things like that are possible but
they're hardly well integrated into the MUA are they!  :-)  A POP3
'folder' is just another mail folder from the user's point of view and
wants to be handled as closely as possible like other folders.

That's of course if you decide to handle POP3 as folders, I think
maybe many people here don't want that.

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]