Nick Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 12 Jan 2000:
> I've read the online documentation at www.mutt.org and I cant find specific
> information on how to get new mail put in folders based on patterns.

Mutt doesn't do this, it's not Mutt's job.  You need to use a mail
filtering tool such as procmail or maildrop.

This is getting to, or is already a FAQ.  Hmm.  Anyone volunteer to
write an entry about this for the FAQ list? :-)

> another question I have is that I always hear of mutt cool ability to list
> the threads so you can colapse entire threads and stuff, I was under the
> understanding that this is enabled the minute you set it up with the lists
> setting (as above) but It doesnt seem to be doing that for me.

Threads is a sort order, try "set sort=threads" in your .muttrc.  It's
not specific to mailing lists in Mutt, it's just mostly useful for list
mail.  You can use "set sort_aux=date" or whatever order you prefer
normally specify the sort order of threads.

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /