On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 06:19:56AM +0300, Mikko Hänninen wrote:

> I dunno, I thought "in the mailbox index" was clear enough...
> (As opposed to "message index".)

Yes :)

> Even if I admit it could be interpreted either way.

Seems to be so...

> > I have now 24 mailboxes and If there are new mails I often
> > only look into what's there and quit mutt to read them later.
> > To open each mailbox the next time seeking the new mails is a bit
> > annoying... ;)
>
> I do this often too.  I do have Maildir format incoming folders, but
> I think it should work with mbox folders too if you just make sure to
> do x (discard changes) instead of q to quit...

Nope, because if you view a mailbox the access time is changed, hence
mutt no longer shows the "N" flag.

Maybe it is possible to make a macro that changes the modification time
of the current mailbox like:

macro ) ":touch -m $CURRENTMAILBOX"

But how can I get the current mailbox from mutt in this case?

Hmm... if a mailbox checker now looks into a mailbox the access time
is changed again and mutt loses the flag. *sigh*

> I also make use of a patch which makes mark_old into a quadoption, so
> I get a nice "mark new messages as old?" prompt on folder exit. :-)

Oh, nice...

--
greetings     supio ( Marc Noller ) | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://oipus.net |