On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 04:03:19PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Actually, listserv allows people to add tags to their subject - something
> like
>
> HELP: mutt dumps core
>
> or whatever.
>
> People can subscribe to see only whichever topics they choose.

I have hosted a LISTSERV (TM) list with about 400 subscribers for
several years. The only way to make topics work on my list is to
moderate it, i.e., the moderator must approve each post and possibly
edit it to add or change a topic because a large fraction of the
subscribers do not (even after repeated reminders) add one
of the pre-assigned topic keywords, or change the topic keyword
when the thread drifts into another area.

Perhaps it would work acceptably well on a list with more technically
competent users, like this one.

Regards,

-rex