On Thursday 28 December 2000 11:34, Abhay Ghaisas wrote:

> When I do <edit-message> ('e' in index menu by default), I get the
> message in my editor.  It seems like there is an extra newline added
> at the end of the message.  Thus, if I repeatedly keep on editing my

I can duplicate this

> piled up at the end of the message.  Is this done with some reason or
> is it just a bug?

Looks like a harmless feature to me :)

> I am using some scripts for cleaning up some mails by setting editor
> variable to script name.  And, every time I try it, new lines get
> added at end.

Could you share this script?  Or you could just archive mails by using
date-wise folders in your .procmailrc (say mails from mutt-users in
march get appended to mutt-users-march)

        --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI