Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote --
> On Thursday 28 December 2000 11:34, Abhay Ghaisas wrote:
[snip]
> > piled up at the end of the message.  Is this done with some reason or
> > is it just a bug?
>
> Looks like a harmless feature to me :)

Quite harmless when hand-editing the messages; a bit of annoyance when
mixed with scripts :)

> > I am using some scripts for cleaning up some mails by setting editor
> > variable to script name.  And, every time I try it, new lines get
> > added at end.
>
> Could you share this script?  Or you could just archive mails by using
> date-wise folders in your .procmailrc (say mails from mutt-users in
> march get appended to mutt-users-march)

I think I misled you with the clean-up part.  The script does not
clean-up the mail-box by removing mails; I invoke it on individual mails
to do clean-up like removing the pesky advertisements that some mailing
list hosts like e-groups add.  Also for some other tasks like getting
rid of too many additional newlines at the end (now, isn't that ironic
considering this misfeature :) or removing excessive quoting done by
some people.

Regards,
Abhay.
--
Abhay Ghaisas / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Motorola India Electronics Ltd., Bangalore, India.