Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote --
> Abhay Ghaisas proclaimed on mutt-users that:
>
> > I think I misled you with the clean-up part.  The script does not
> > clean-up the mail-box by removing mails; I invoke it on individual mails
> > to do clean-up like removing the pesky advertisements that some mailing
> > list hosts like e-groups add.  Also for some other tasks like getting
>
> hmmm... couldn't you do that with procmail + sed / awk etc _before_ the mail
> lands in your mailbox?

True.  For egroups, I am doing it with procmail + perl script.  But some
other things like removing quoted text have to be done on a case to case
basis.  So, I still need the macro and editor magic.  Actually, I use a
generic perl script as editor option and pass the name of the filter
script as the first argument.  The editor script is attached.

Regards,
Abhay.
--
Abhay Ghaisas / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Motorola India Electronics Ltd., Bangalore, India.

mailCleanup.pl