David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Since there was no From_ header before, Gnus had to make one up
> somehow.

Makes sense.

> Can you export to Maildir instead?  You could then read that in
> with mutt and save to mbox.

Hm.  Gnus reads Maildir, but doesn't write it (although I think
they're working on this).  Maybe I can grab a development version.

Even if I did this, wouldn't Mutt have the same problem Gnus had:
no From_ header?

> % > How does the From: header for this representative message look?
> %
> % Um, let's see...
> %
> % From: Samuel Padgett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Oh, *duh*  Sorry.  How about the Date: header instead? :-)

Sure ;-)

Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:40:32 -0500

> What happens if you sort by date?  Do they order themselves
> correctly?

They seem to.  So Mutt groks the Date header, but isn't displaying
that date in the index.  Maybe Mutt uses the From_ header instead
for efficiency?

Sam