Sam --

...and then Samuel Padgett said...
% David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
%
% > ...and then Samuel Padgett said...
% > % It seems Gnus reads MMDF, but doesn't write it.  Gnus does IMAP,
% >
% > Ahhh...  It reads anything and writes only its own (well, OK, mbox);
% > urgh.
%
% Actually, Gnus writes a bunch of stuff: mbox, IMAP, nnml, babyl,
% MH spool, NNTP, maybe more?

Aha -- mutt handles MH as well!  Perhaps that's your most direct route.

It's not surprising that Gnus writes lots of different things; in fact,
it was surprising that it appeared to not.

%
% > Interesting.  I suppose the acid test would be to let mutt convert a
% > Maildir to an mbox and see what it does :-)
%
% Mutt seems to use the values out of the Sender header and the Date
% header to construct the From_ line.  So maybe the solution is the

Makes sense -- if it's there.  I just checked another message to see and
there was no Sender: header.  It's new to me, though I did a quick grep
on my spoolfile and found quite a few right off.

% roundabout nnml -> mbox using Gnus, then mbox -> Maildir -> mbox
% using Mutt.  Hm.  That's a lot of work.

With tagging it should be easy, right?

%
% Or perhaps I should just switch to Maildir.

I hear that that's almost always a fantastic idea.  I personally have
been too lazy :-)

%
% Sam

:-D