Hi!

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 04:00:03PM +0100, Cristian wrote
> browsers: w3m-m17n (with autoconversion from `any' other character set),
>           lynx (works with UTF-8 and iso-8859-1, at least)

Strange, never w3m nor lynx can correctly display
http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/manga.html. But w3mmee does.

> editors:  emacs-20.7 (oc-patched) (only as X app, not with -nw), mined,
>           nano (partially), pico (but not 'pine -F' -- weird!)

vim since 6.0.

> Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS had a Mutt-UTF-8 patch for earlier Mutt 1.3.x at
> http://www.rano.org/mutt.html
> which now seems to be obsolete, though some people may still need his
> patched slang-1.4.4 (I use ncurses 5.2, so I don't need slang).

Do you have ncurses compiled with wide-char-support, and mutt is link
againts libncursesw.so.5.2?
The standard ncurses never really worked for me, but now Debian has
the slang-utf8 package in testing, so it works fine with mutt.

> OK folks, time to switch to UTF-8!

Hm, two problems exist until now:
German gpg messages aren't display correctly, so are html mails
(displayed with lynx, usr/bin/lynx -force_html -dump '%s').
w3mmee works (w3mmee %s), but links within the mail are lost.
Any hints?

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|          WWW: http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/            |