Hi Stephan!

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:38:45AM +0100, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> Strange, never w3m nor lynx can correctly display
> http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/manga.html. But w3mmee does.

Plain w3m had wide character support only the for Japanese character
sets Shift_JIS, EUC_JP, and ISO-2022-JP.

In order to view UTF-8, you need to get the w3m-m17n patch from
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ehsaka/w3m/

w3mmee is an independent patch for the same purpose.

Lynx has a setting for this. My ~/.lynxrc contains the line,
character_set=UNICODE (UTF-8)
Though I hardly use it now that there's w3m.

> vim since 6.0.

Accepts UTF-8 only if you set $LC_ALL correctly. My point was that all
the programs I listed worked fine after I just set $LANG.

> Do you have ncurses compiled with wide-char-support, and mutt is link
> againts libncursesw.so.5.2?
> The standard ncurses never really worked for me, but now Debian has
> the slang-utf8 package in testing, so it works fine with mutt.

I have ncurses compiled by SuSE for their distro v7.2. The Mutt I built
myself is linked against libncurses.so.5. I don't have libncursesw.so.5.2.

> Hm, two problems exist until now:
> German gpg messages aren't display correctly,

Is this problem generally known? If not, please provide details.

Greetings from Saarbruecken,
Cristian

--

}{  Cristian Pietsch