On Sun 16-Dec-2001 at 11:49:44PM +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> * Gregor Zattler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [16-12-2001 22:30]:
>
> | is there a way to display a message on the last line (below the status
> | bar if status_on_top=no)?
> |
> | I would like to display a message when a special hook gets triggered.
>
> Please give some more information what it is exactly what you want. I,
> for instance, have no idea whatsoever.

I assume the question is about hooks outputting text-strings in the line
where mutt-messages and errors appear.

It doesn't seem to be possible to do it properly - Here's a nasty macro
that hi-jacks a mutt variable to store and deliver the message:

macro generic <F2> \
<enter-command>'set escape="Message from a macro"'<enter>\
<enter-command>'set ?escape'<enter> \
'print a stupid message'

I suspect real text feedback from macros and hooks would be a handy
accessibility feature.

--
Bruno