> I must apologize for spacing out there; I apparently didn't pay any
> attention to the Subject: line and failed to note that you wanted to save
> two copies of the outgoing email.
Don't worry I figured ...

> %
> % For those wishing to implement this -
> % I did it this way
> %
> % .muttrc:
> % my_hdr Bcc: .outgoing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> % my_hdr X-outgoing: save # see header to this email ;)
> %
> % .procmailrc:
> % :0 c
> % * ^X-outgoing: save
> % .outgoing
> %
> % saves copy of all mail sent _with mutt_ to the.outgoing
> % folder.  Better (for me), than procmail matching on any From
> % header.
>
> That seems pretty elegant, actually; not a bad idea.  FWIW, this has come
> up on the list a few times before and the closest we got (with existing
> functionality) was to wrap sendmail and save the copy there in order to
> trap the bcc: headers in both (or as many as you want!) copies.

Yeah I brought up a previous thread re Fcc-ing to all recipients
of a mail -another thing on my wishlist and very important in
userland.

I do not touch sendmail.cf and am in no mood to start really.

Yeah the solution that is put together above works but
its wasteful:
You have to send the mail (with Bcc) and fire sendmail and
procmail or whatever.
When you (I anyway) edit the outgoing, you have two extra -
annoying - headers to stare at.

- much better to do all this type of functionality without
firing anything but your current mutt instance which just has
to write to your local folders.
I really believe that this type of functionality could
easily - I aint a C programmer :( - be implemented
in mutt itself

BTW, people can drop the 'c' in the ':0 c' above
(I had it in there cause I was testing from myself to myself.

> Maybe I should just be quiet now :-)

Not at all.

--
Eric