According to David T-G on Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 07:52:37AM -0500:
<snip>

> % When you (I anyway) edit the outgoing, you have two extra -
> % annoying - headers to stare at.
>
> Well, you can always
>
>   ignore
>
> those away :-)
yeah I use ignore and unignore but this is only for the pager -
I was referring to when editing (for me in vim with edit_hdrs set).
.. let me peep a few lines up in vim ... ah here ...

From: Eric Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Mutt Users' List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Bcc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: save all outgoing messages to a common folder - implemented

> I agree, but the interesting part would be how to define it.  Currently
> fcc-hooks are matched from top to bottom, with the last taking precedence.

typical case of coders making it easy for themselves and hard on
users - but when you are given so much for free and contribute so little
it is hard to criticise :)

anyway, when I send mail
To: jack,john

or even

To: jack
Cc: john

I usually am sending the mail primarily to jack but it goes into
john's folder - hey!

Regarding your othe sentiments, I agree we have a _long_ way to
go to make email really useful and practical - I agree re
database functionality, filesystems are and will go that way,
text already is with XML and mail will follow.

ciao
--
Eric Smith