Nick, et al --

...and then Nick Wilson said...
%
% * On 21-01-02 at 18:07
% * Derek D. Martin said....
%
% > If you're not following the thread, but you suddenly decide it's
% > important, GO BACK AND READ THE THREAD!  You've already received the
% > e-mails, so you should have them.  If you don't, there's always the
% > archives.  (mutt-users has archives, doesn't it?)
% >
% > > Is that where the hostile tone is coming from?
% >
% > Not hostile.  Matter-of-fact, yes.  Occasionally emphatic, yes.  But
% > never hostile.
%
% Disagree, all this GO BACK AND READ THE THREAD! nonsense is insulting.
% Of course I've been reading the thread.

I don't think the comment is directed at you; we know you've been
reading.  I think that the argument is that leaving in large amounts
of quoted text (or, in the Outhouse way, the entire past history of
the universe without the benefit of context quoting or even in-order
presentation) is pointless; those who have been reading along will know
what's up, and those who haven't should go back to the original messages
instead of expecting everyone to reread the same stuff with every post
just so that someone new could come up to speed in one message.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]