On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 09:46:08PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:

> > $COLORFGBG is marked as an experimental feature.  I've gotten 2-3 reports
> > of this particular problem - but only months after I stumbled on it
> > myself.  Apparently one or more of the rpm's last year turned that feature
> > on, though it was in the code almost a year.
>
> Well, I think it was more the other bug where it would get turned on if
> other development features like hard-tabs were turned on.  It was
> apparently a combination of these two.

I suppose so - though both features are in the same category (not part of
the default options):

Development Code:
  --with-develop          enable all development options
  --enable-colorfgbg      compile with $COLORFGBG code
  --enable-hard-tabs      compile with hard-tabs code
  --disable-root-environ  limit environment when running as root
  --enable-xmc-glitch     compile with limited support for xmc

(noting now that colorfgbg is "development" rather than "experimental",
I guess my reasoning at the time was that it was a small feature that
wouldn't break much ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net