> > No, not really. It's marketing.
>
> The definition of OS isn't marketing, it's Computer Science.  It's
> been presented.  It agrees with what I said.  Get over it.

Okay, i think this argument is finished. I'll summarize:

      Some people believe that the Operating System is the kernel plus the
      stuff in /bin.

      Some people believe it's more than that.

      Some people believe it's less than that.

There's no ultimate authority on the matter, and as demonstrated, even
computer scientists have varied opinions on it.

Usually Webster's dictionary is used to settle this sort of dispute, but
they're not very helpful in this case. So we're just going to have to agree
to disagree and let the offtopic thread die.