30-Mar-02 at 10:26, Rocco Rutte ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> No! I was writing about schools. At _school_ others were told how to use
> Word and Works. Our teacher really asked us what we want to do the last
> two two years in Computer Science. So we decided _not_ to learn how to
> use MS Office.

The only courses that should teach how to use MS Office are secretarial
courses.

Anyone with an ounce of computer sense will be doing something far more
interesting than what we used to call "typesetting".

Computer courses should teach about computers, not some proprietary
software guff. Doesn't have to be programming, but how about file systems,
and troubleshooting procedures? That is where the world at large is sadly
lacking...

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. [EMAIL PROTECTED] GIMPS:60.41% see www.mersenne.org]
When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never talking