Greg --

...and then Gregory Seidman said...
%
% When I run mutt -f imap://server/ it asks for my username and password,
% then tells me that the login failed. The username and password are right,

I've seen this once or twice, and not even with an Exchange server (ick).
My problem was that I had a folder-hook that pushed and mucked up my
password, so my initial login attempt always failed.

What if you

  mutt -f /dev/null

and then

  c imap://username@server/

to avoid any pushing or other hook nonsense?  If that works, then you can
track down what your muttrc is doing and either kill it or make sure it
doesn't apply to this folder.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]