On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 01:46:12PM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > > You can edit the source "send.c" file.  Look for:
> > > [..]
> > [..]
> > Seems like the kind of thing that should be exposed to end user
> > [..]

> But changing that subject doesn't require the user to edit source
> code--the user can easily change it when prompted for the subject of
> the reply or from the compose menu.
I think the point of having a configurable default is so that we don't
have to change it when prompted.  I'd rather not have to type
"Re: my custom non-subject reply subject" or whatever every time I reply
to a message which had no subject.

> Further, if you're going to be picky about the subject, it should
> really reflect the subject of the message, not be just some generic
> equivalent of "you forgot the subject".  It hardly seems worth making
> this configurable.
By that logic, why do we have the "Re: your mail" hard-coded default at
all?

Cheers,
--
Noah Sheppard