On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 03:03:08PM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
> Doing any more than that to address the very narrow case of "I don't
> want to bother changing the reply but I don't like the default", just
> seems to me like overkill.

You're forgetting "I don't want to bother changing the reply and my
recipient (and I) do not correspond in English".

In the absence of an option to change this string exposed to the user --
or a change mutt-wide to *require* a real subject for new messages and
replies -- the hard-coded default in the source code should be changed
to just the users current reply prefix ("Re:", "AW:", etc.). The current
default subject happens to be badly worded (in my opinion), but at best
it adds no useful information whatsoever to the email for English
speakers, and adds noise for non-English speakers that must be manually
removed.

-- Mike