On 04-09 17:37, Brian Ryans wrote:
> That's intentional. Section 3.1.1, "Status Flags", indicates that the L
> flag indicates a message sent to a _subscribed_ list.

I don't know where you got "3.1.1", my manual doesn't have that section
:) But you're right, "Table 2.5" indicates that. But the fact it's
documented, doesn't really answer the question for the reason of that
behaviour. Why was it decided to set the flag only for subscribed lists
and not listed lists?

Also, I still don't have a reason for the difference of 'lists' and
'subscribe', other than that it's documented this way, too :)

> This ticket seems to partially address your concerns. From how I read
> it, it by itself doesn't show what list it's sent to (as you stated
> above you need %L in $index_format for that), but it does request
> something that I've been looking for: ability to use regexes with List-*
> headers, or perhaps even arbitrary headers, in 'lists' and 'subscribe'
> commands. In the thread referenced in my last reply, a kludge was found,
> but only worked on Debian lists and involved running a shell command.

Which thread is that? I've searched the archives, but haven't been able
to find it.

I would like a workaround to use Regex in 'lists' and 'subscribe', but
that feels dirty. Why doesn't Mutt allow 'lists'/'subscribe' to lists
based on the List-Id: header?

> I have no idea how hard it is to add a feature like that, but some would
> propose that a feature like that is better to be in a MDA like procmail.

How would an MDA help in achieving this? It doesn't 'lists' or
'subscribe' mails in my muttrc :)

--
ilf                                                @jabber.berlin.ccc.de

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
                -- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung