On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:47:21AM +0200, ilf wrote:
> On 04-11 20:22, Michael Elkins wrote:
> > The reason for the distinction between lists/subscribe is that just
> > because you received an email that was addressed to a list doesn't
> > mean that you are subscribed to said list.
>
> But if there's a List-Id header, I am subscribed.

That's not necessarily true.  For example, Mutt allows you to <b>ounce
a message, headers and all, to someone else.  It's also possible for a
human to add a (possibly bogus) List-Id header, just to mess with you,
or who knows what other reason.  You might also receive spam that adds
such headers.  Etc..

-=-=-=-=-