On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 12:16:30PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
I am having troubles for displaying messages with long lines in Mutt
(1.5.18). They get wrapped, yes, but in strange manner.

wrapmargin is deprecated in 1.5.18. Try setting wrap to -1. You may have to
re-view the email if you change the wrap option with the email already in view.

Note 1: I am using "mcedit" as default editor, set at 72 chars to wrap
lines, not sure if editor options can affect to pager or just take place
when composing the e-mail.

They don't affect the pager.

Note 2: I have tested "set smart_wrap" and "unset smart_wrap" but I fail
see any visual difference between these two options.

That's because smart_wrap wraps the text at word boundaries, and both your
examples are already wrapped at word boundaries.

--

.