/ Rado Q wrote on Tue 20.Nov'12 at 22:27:43 +0100 /

> =- Jamie Paul Griffin wrote on Tue 20.Nov'12 at 20:57:53 +0000 -=
>
> > > Ok, we disagree on basic principles, because I require
> > > responsible and respectful users for any tool, no matter how
> > > well or badly it's coded.
> >
> > I think to label someone as disrespectful and irresponsible simply
> > because they don't set a line wrap in an email is ridiculous and
> > certainly OTT. Surely you have more serious matters to worry about
> > than that.
> >
> > > People kill people, guns are just their tools for it.
> > > You'll never make a foolproof gun to avoid misuse.
> >
> > Again, an analogy which is very over dramatic. No disrespect
> > intented mind you :-)
>
> I'm not comparing scale but principle.
> It's not on par with mass-murder, but it's basically wrong at the
> origin, not the receiver.
>
> If you agree that it's a minor thing, you could simply produce
> easy-on-the-eyes wrapped text and nobody would ever raise it again. :)

My first response to Chris when he raised the issue stated that I would happily
adjust the setting for vi, on invocation from mutt, to address the issue. Chris
kindly responded with a muttrc tip. I have no problem at all with line wrapping
my emails for the users of this list if it is causing them readability issues.
I like this list very much, using it and contributing to it, so the last thing
i want is to upset or irritate fellow users over such a matter.

My confusion is simply due to the fact that when my emails come through from
mutt's mailing list manager to my server and I read them with mutt, I don't
experience the readability issues others seem to. It's not something that has
been pointed out to me on other lists or other people I communicate with by
email either.

Best wishes, Jamie.