On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 06:20:00PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I killfiled all postings from google groups years ago...

Well, I suppose you'll never be on my list, then (it's a support and
announcement type list for the freeware hurricane tracker (JStrack)
that I wrote back in ca. 1996, and continue to update as needed or
when ideas for new features (ones I'm able to implement) come along.
It's a google groups list.  I would PREFER to use a listserv, but
if there's one open to public (i.e., non-edu) use, I haven't found
it.  So, I went with what I COULD use.  NO web interface for new
messages or reading old ones.  NO HTML posts (text/plain only, or
at least, that's how it's configured).  Any attempts at spam gets
the spammer castrated (haven't needed to get the knives out for
that list yet, at least, not that my chemo-fscked memory will
allow me to remember).

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | "> There it was, right in the title bar: