On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 03:45:06PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> Yes (not the OP here though), however it has always seemed odd to me
> that I can't get mutt to take me to all/any mailboxes which have
> *unread* mail in them.  I.e. I want 'c' to take me to the next mailbox
> with unread mail in it, *not* to the next mailbox with new mail in it.

Good point. I agree. Not necessarily 'c' though.

Weird, the documentation has (under pattern matching)

~N New messages
~O Old messages
~U Unread messages

Just wondering, what is an Unread message if its not New or Old, unless
its New AND Old together?

Just a quick grep through the docs reveals:

When changing folders, Mutt fills the prompt with the first folder from
the mailboxes list containing new mail (if any), pressing <Space> will cycle
through folders with new mail. The (by default unbound) function
<next-unread-mailbox> in the index can be used to immediately open the
next folder with unread mail (if any).

Could you try that, and see what happens?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X