* glphvgacs <darwinsker...@gmail.com> [02-02-14 14:46]:
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 02:24:19PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * glphvgacs <darwinsker...@gmail.com> [02-02-14 14:06]:
> > > when starting the Mail composition in mutt, is there a way skip the
> > > 'To:' header by filling it up based on a given pattern?
> > > i don't think a folder-hook would do this since i don't think there is
> > > such a thing as 'set to = ' in configuration file (correct me if i'm
> > > wrong please).  so perhaps a macro?
>
> maybe i can use my_hdr

why?

Didn't you ask about mail-lists?

>From the fine manual, "subscribed" tells mutt about the mailing lists you
are subscribed to and allows mutt to assign a to and from address for
*that* list.  You also need to set up aliases and, perhaps, send-hooks,
for the "subscribed" lists.

There are *many* ways to accomplish things in mutt, some simple and some
convoluted.

check
        subscribed
        from
        alternates
        send-hook

and probably others that I don't recall.

for this list, I have:

send-hook mutt- 'my_hdr From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopt...@gmail.com>'
subscribe mutt-users
alternates xxx