On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 05:45:54PM -0600, David J. Weller-Fahy wrote:
> * glphvgacs <darwinsker...@gmail.com> [2014-02-02 14:28 -0600]:
> > > ++ 02/02/14 14:05 -0500 - glphvgacs:
> >
> > is there a way to add the '\n' there?
>
> I didn't find a way to add the '\n', instead I looked for another way to
> skip that prompt entirely.  For each mailing list you want to use in
> this way, do the following.
>
> #v+
> folder-hook .                         "unset autoedit; set edit_headers=yes"
> folder-hook '=lists\.mutt-users'      "set autoedit=yes; set edit_headers=yes"
> folder-hook .                         "unmy_hdr To:"
> folder-hook '=lists\.mutt-users'      "my_hdr To: mutt-users@mutt.org"
> #v-

now that is what i'm talking about. great stuff, thanks.

> Note that both "set autoedit=yes" and "set edit_headers=yes" together
> are what gets you to the message without setting the recipient first.
> Also note that the folder-hook to execute in all other folders is based
> on my defaults, change to suit.

i already had:
  set edit_header=yes
so i added this to muttrc:
  unset autoedit

and this to hooks:
  folder-hook to:mutt-users@mutt.org '\
    set autoedit=yes
    my_hdr To:'
  folder-hook to:mutt-users@mutt.org '\
    my_hdr To:mutt-users@mutt.org'

> Also, also note that the folder name is
> based on my folder layout, not yours, so that'll have to change.

np, i use mutt-kz and folder are actually vfolder and easy grep (Get with
rexp)

> See section "3.18. autoedit" in TFM.

a 'see also' pointer to that from mailing list section would be nice.