* Francesco Ariis <fa...@ariis.it> [2015-04-28 12:47]:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:09:34PM -0400, Peter P. wrote:
> > Dear fellow mutt users,
> >
> > Is there a way to have an html email rendered and displayed in a browser
> > window?
>
> Hello Peter,
> once opened the message, press 'v' (view-attachments) and then
> select the .html one and press <enter>, that should auto-invoke
> x-www-browser.
Thanks Francesco,
That way the message gets displayed inside mutt using w3m. In my .muttrc I have
set
        auto_view text/html application/x-pgp-message
and
        text/html; /usr/bin/w3m -dump -T text/html '%s'; copiousoutput;
description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html
as the corresponding mailcap entry.
I wonder if I could pipe the html message part to the browser. The way I
did it, typing "|" and specifying firefox as the program to pipe it to,
did not really render it nicely.

best, P