"Peter P." <peterpar...@fastmail.com> writes:

> * Francesco Ariis <fa...@ariis.it> [2015-04-28 12:47]:
>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:09:34PM -0400, Peter P. wrote:
>> > Dear fellow mutt users,
>> >
>> > Is there a way to have an html email rendered and displayed in a browser
>> > window?
>>
>> Hello Peter,
>> once opened the message, press 'v' (view-attachments) and then
>> select the .html one and press <enter>, that should auto-invoke
>> x-www-browser.
> Thanks Francesco,
> That way the message gets displayed inside mutt using w3m. In my .muttrc I
> have set
>       auto_view text/html application/x-pgp-message
> and
>       text/html; /usr/bin/w3m -dump -T text/html '%s'; copiousoutput;
> description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html
> as the corresponding mailcap entry.
> I wonder if I could pipe the html message part to the browser. The way I
> did it, typing "|" and specifying firefox as the program to pipe it to,
> did not really render it nicely.

You can definitely do this, but I suspect most browsers are not designed
to accept input from stdin (a pipe). You can write a script to save the
HTML part in a temp file, and then display that in the browser. There
are actually a number of such scripts around if you Google it.

-pd

--
----
Peter Davis