On 2015-04-28, Peter P. <peterpar...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> * Francesco Ariis <fa...@ariis.it> [2015-04-28 12:47]:
>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:09:34PM -0400, Peter P. wrote:
>> > Dear fellow mutt users,
>> >
>> > Is there a way to have an html email rendered and displayed in a browser
>> > window?
>>
>> Hello Peter,
>> once opened the message, press 'v' (view-attachments) and then
>> select the .html one and press <enter>, that should auto-invoke
>> x-www-browser.
> Thanks Francesco,
> That way the message gets displayed inside mutt using w3m.

Yep.  What many of us do is use w3m to view inside mutt, and then
define a 'print' command to view it externally:

  text/html; w3m -T text/html -dump; copiousoutput; print = firefoxurl %s;

---------------------------------firefoxurl------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
MRC="firefox -remote"
URL="$1"
CMD="${2:-new-tab}"
echo "$0 '$1' '$2'" >/dev/tty
test -f "$URL" && URL="file://$URL"
expr match "$URL" '.*://.*' >/dev/null || URL="http://$URL";
if $MRC 'ping()' 2>/dev/null ; then
  echo  'firefox already running'
  echo   $MRC "openURL($URL,$CMD)"
  $MRC "openURL($URL,$CMD)"
else
  echo  'firefox not running'
  echo   firefox "$URL"
  firefox "$URL"
fi

So after you hit 'v' so see the attachments, select the html one and
hit 'p'

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Am I elected yet?
                                  at