Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> On 2019-04-12 14:20, Derek Martin wrote:
>
> > I imagine google would turn up some source, but on my desktop, I get
> > it by typing
> >
> >   apt install majordomo
> >

> Hmm, what distribution?  Search on packages.debian.org doesn't find it,
> even when I set the "Distribution" select widget to "Any".

on debian and ubuntu, apt-cache search majordomo only shows mailman.

if you want majordomo, i can send a copy but it's available at:

  ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/packages/majordomo/Welcome.html

note that it's at least 18 years old and unsupported (but still works).
it might be a better idea to use mailman.

cheers,
raf