Thanks to all of you for trying to solve my problem. But I have been
trying to setup mutt for nine days now. I have followed all your advice
and instructions to the best of my ability, to no avail. My E-mail
providers don't seem to know that CLI clients exist. They keep asking me
to take a snapshot of the preferences menu. Much as I want to use a CLI
client, Thunderbird, Claws, and Evolution were able to connect me within
15 minutes so I will go back to Thunderbird. And truthfully it's
Fastmail that's the problem as other accounts work as expected.

Thanks again.