Ranjan Maitra <mlmai...@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Fri Feb25'22 07:00:05AM, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> >
> > That's the right solution, but I've also seen people configure their MDA
> > to add a Reply-To: header to incoming list messages that don't have them.
>
> I see: I use fetchmail and then procmail for fetching email. So, would this
> be done through fetchmail or procmail?

Here procmail is your MDA.  I know it can do such things, but don't ask me
how.

> Regardless, actually I think that all I would be happy with would be a query
> or something that alerts me to the fact that I am potentially writing to an
> individual address (or a list) (for when I am  on a list, but not in
> general, because then I start to blindly accept because most email is not to
> a list).
>
> Any thoughts on if this is possible?

There's a number of ways.  If your list mail is in separate folders, you can
use a folder hook to just disable the (r) function, or to remap it to
list-reply.

Charles
Charles Cazabon
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/