Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> For that you'd have to jury-rig something yourself, possibly by modifying
> $mailcap_path, or using the 'test=' flag in mailcap, or altering auto_view
> settings.

Cool ideas.  I started with defining a macro like that:

 macro index r "\
 <enter-command>unset implicit_autoview<enter>\
 <reply>"

Works!  But I don't know how to set it back afterwards, uhm.
I tried unsuccessfully:
 macro index r "\
 <enter-command>unset implicit_autoview<enter>\
 <reply>\
 <enter-command>set implicit_autoview<enter>"

Then I thought about using the test= flag in mailcap
but is there even a way to differentiate between viewing and replying?

Thanks a lot for any other hints!
 Andy

--
 Only the mediocre are always at their best.
   (Jean Giraudoux)