Cameron wrote:

thanks for the detailled explanation.  Nice use of cmd variables!

> >I tried unsuccessfully:
> > macro index r "\
> > <enter-command>unset implicit_autoview<enter>\
> > <reply>\
> > <enter-command>set implicit_autoview<enter>"
>
> Does that not work? I would expect it to.

I think the problem why it doesn't work here is that "reply" is interactive.
Whatever follows <reply> in the macro is appended to the "To: " prompt.

Is there a way to "wait" until the <reply> operation is done?

Thanks,
 Andy

--
 It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English