On Sun, Apr 09, 2023 at 08:23:55PM +0100, c...@isbd.net wrote:
I'm trying to sort out why something that used to work for me no
longer works.  I just went and tried out an older installation that
still runs mutt 1.10.4 and there my send-hook/my_hdr configuration
works. It doesn't work on my current mutt 2.1.4.

Not knowingly, but a lot of the sending code has been modified in that period of time.

I see the documentation now says "Also note that my_hdr commands which
modify recipient headers, or the message's subject, don't have any
effect on the current message when executed from a send-hook.".  Is
this a recent change?

That applies to a my_hdr that adds a recipient header, such as To, Cc, Bcc. It didn't change; the documentation for the behavior was just added.

This appears to no longer work.

It's working in my simple testing, so perhaps there is something more involved. Can you create a small reproducing muttrc file and a list of exact instructions to trigger the change in behavior?

--
Kevin J. McCarthy