Lisa,

My approach to task management:
I tend to use a combination of GTD and Autofocus, by also assigning
tasks to a "Page x" context over and above any "Routine" or "Project
x" context. Nice to delete a page context when all the tasks on it is
completed, and allows you a different view on things you have been
putting off :)

Checklists:
In order not to have a whole list of checklist items in my task list I
create a headline task with one initiating subtask and a folder that
contains the checklist items and is dependent on the subtask. For
example my actual headline task is a weekly recurring task called "GTD
Weekly review done!" - because it feels nice to click it ;) - and the
first subtask is "Start GTD weekly review". Underneath this I have a
folder called "Checklist" with the 8-10 items that constitute the
weekly review, set as dependent on "Start GTD weekly review". When the
review is due, the "Start GTD weekly review" shows up in my task list
under the context that keeps track of routine tasks. When I mark this
as complete all the tasks in the checklist then show up (I usually
switch to the GTD context for this but you can also choose to switch
to outline view from the initiation task and zoom in or just work in
outline view), and I can work my way through it. Once I am done, the
lovely little checkbox for "work complete" shows up.

This works well on a number of my checklists (e.g. getting data in to
prepare KPI dashboards, tracking project status reviews, processing
travel bookings and associated expense claims etc.) in MLO without
having all the items in the task list. The key benefit for me of
having the checklist as a subfolder is that all the items on the
checklist is visible once I have clicked the initiation task, so I can
work through the checklist in random order. And the main reward is to
mark items complete on the checklist - similar to scratching them out
on a page - as checklists are often not very exciting things to work
through.  ;)

regards, Christo
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.


Reply via email to