I hope you will not mind this question, but how often do you complete a task
well in advance of the due date? I suspect that you may be using due date
for the same thing as I keep in start date, which is the day that I want to
do the task. Due date to me is the last date on which it makes sense to do
the task, so postponing would not be meaningful. I adopted this approach
from GTD because under my prior scheme, I had a daily task of postponing all
the things I didn't get to yesterday, and all the things that long ago I
arbitrarily assigned to today but that I know are just not going to happen.
This task of postponing other tasks took up a bigger and bigger chunk of my
mornings until I began to feel like a juggler juggling more balls at once
than ever before and people keep tossing me more balls. Honestly, I still do
some postponing now, but it's much less, and not so much of a productivity
killer as before.

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of natG
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [MLO] Postpone feature?

 

It's a good idea in general but, as you say, would not always work. I
postpone [same] tasks many times!! <sigh>

Also, I refrain from using flags (as wonderful as it is) altogether, because
the Android version (with wifi sync) on mlo does not support flags.

 

Thanks;

nat

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:29:11 PM UTC-4, Dwight Arthur wrote:

Hi, Nat: On the Windows version of MLO you could create a "today" list
showing items that (are due today) OR (are due on or before yesterday AND
are not yellow flagged). I just picked yellow randomly. Any flag would do.

 

Then when you want to postpone a task that's due today, you would add a
yellow flag, it would vanish but reappear tomorrow. You could not use this
to postpone tasks that are already overdue.

 

If you like this idea and want me to spell out the steps to accomplish it,
let me know.

-Dwight

 

From: [email protected] <javascript:>
[mailto:[email protected] <javascript:> ] On Behalf Of natG
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:16 AM
To: [email protected] <javascript:> 
Subject: [MLO] Postpone feature?

 

Does MLO have a 'postpone task' feature? This would be similar to the
existing 'skip task' feature except that the task retains its original due
date and correctly becomes overdue. For example, if a task that is due
'today' is postponed, it disappears from today's todo list, but in
tomorrow's list it shows [red] as due *yesterday*, which is the truth. This
way I do not get rewarded for procrastination. :)

 

Fwiw, rtm works this way.

 

Thanks,

nat

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mylifeorganized/-/oXsx_mJ8zGkJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
<javascript:> .
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected] <javascript:> .
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mylifeorganized/-/g9KZvUKqHssJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.

Reply via email to