It looks like Luke has deleted his initial post here. You can still read it 
in the quoted text in my reply. I will leave this topic for future 
reference for anyone who wants to discuss this topic about "virus in MLO" 
again in the future :) 

Thanks!

A.

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:42:34 AM UTC+3, Holmes245 wrote:
>
> I would just remove this post altogether. I'm suspecting that Luke here 
> may not have been what he seems to be. Perhaps a programmer or user of a 
> rival software? Regardless, it was childish of him to shoot off the handle 
> and just accuse the software of being a Trojan and then threaten to contact 
> "the proper authorities" about it. Hey Luke, how about asking others if 
> they've experienced what you did before you post statements like you did?
>
>
> On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:02:16 AM UTC-4, Andrey Tkachuk (MLO) wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for your post Luke.
>>
>> We are very serious about virus check while uploading the new versions on 
>> our site. 
>> MyLifeOrganized is a serious software with years of history on market. We 
>> just do not play such games.
>>   
>> I have just double-checked and all the files on our site are absolutely 
>> clear. 
>>
>> If you still unsure you can use services like this to check for yourself:
>> https://www.virustotal.com/
>>
>> On the other hand we do see false positive alarms from minor antivirus 
>> software from time to time and answer questions like yours. It happens that 
>> one antivirus out of 50 may "detect a virus in MLO", but it is a false 
>> positive (i.e. mistake in the antivirus software and it happens). These 
>> false positive alarms are usually removed very quickly by the antivirus 
>> developers.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrey Tkachuk
>> Architect and Owner
>> MyLifeOrganized.net
>>
>> On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:00:30 PM UTC+3, Luke wrote:
>>>
>>> Upon downloading your software I realized that my Mac was caught by 
>>> surprise. I ran a system check and your software installer is a Trojan 
>>> virus. The MLO- setup. exe is fruity. I'll contact my friend who 
>>> specializes in Internet security then contact the proper authorities and 
>>> certainly write a review to let people know that your software installer 
>>> came up as a Trojan.  I'll make sure that no other persons computer gets 
>>> infected by your software!
>>
>>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mylifeorganized/-/pc_0k32jjnsJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.

Reply via email to