I think they are two different requirements. I see how you wouldn't want to get the next haircut sooner, but in cases where the recurrence is set to, for example, a particular day of the week, I wouldn't want to change the recurring task. In my case one example item is laundry. I do laundry on Sundays. However, sometimes I have all-day events going on on Sundays and don't get the chance to do laundry that day (granted, I could just do it early and mark it completed early, but that doesn't always happen either). In those situations I would want to move that particular instance of laundry to Monday, but I wouldn't want the entire series to start having Monday be laundry day - aside from unusual circumstances, Sunday is the most convenient day for me to do it. Hence, that is where it would be useful to move just the particular instance of the recurrence.
So to summarize, I see how what Richard is asking would be useful as well, but it would not solve my problem as outlined above. On Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:05:31 AM UTC-5, Richard C wrote: > > +1 This would be an OK way of allowing the current recurring task to be > edited for the reasons mayabelle outlines. However, it is not ideal for > tasks that have the 'Recurs x hours/days/weeks after completion'. Let me > give you example: I have a recurring task for getting my haircut - > every 6 weeks. Sometimes I postpone this for several weeks because of > other commitments. The above approach would result in the next reminder > being set on the basis of when I was due to get my hair cut rather than > when I did get it cut. > > The ability to easily change the current date/time of a recurring task > without affecting the overall recurrance pattern has been a long standing > request for me: > > http://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/1048421-allow-recurring-task-dates-to-be-changed-in-the-sa > > This approach doesn't quite do it for me but if it is simpler than > allowing the recurring task to be changed then it would be a lot better > than nothing. > > Richard > > On Thursday, 11 April 2013 04:36:55 UTC+1, mayabelle wrote: > >> +1 for this feature request. It doesn't matter to me how it's >> implemented, but even prior to reading this post there have been many times >> when I was unable to complete a recurring task on the normally occurring >> day and wanted to move only that instance (without moving the entire >> series) to a different day. >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
